Myprotein Cod Liver Oil
Our convenient-to-take capsules are perfect to consume on the go as part of a busy lifestyle.
What is Cod Liver Oil?
Cod Liver Oil is derived from the liver of cod (gadidae). It’s a rich source of the omega-3 essential fatty acids EPA and DHA, as well as being a good source of vitamin D and vitamin A — boasting great health benefits for everyday wellbeing.
What are omega-3 fatty Acids?
Omega-3 fatty acids are essential fats that we must get from our diet. They’re found naturally in cold-water fish and shellfish, plant and nut oils, walnuts, flaxseed, and algae oils — so it can be difficult to get enough from what you eat alone. That’s where we come in…
What are the benefits of Cod Liver Oil Softgels?
Our Cod Liver Oil is packed with the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA, which both play an important role in supporting heart health1— assisting your fitness goals and your general wellbeing.
Plus, our Cod Liver Oil is sourced from unpolluted fisheries in Iceland to make sure you receive the highest quality available in its purest form.
Vitamins are nutrients your body needs in small amounts to perform important functions in the body. Cod liver oil is popular because it’s not only a source of the essential fatty acids EPA and DHA, but also vitamins A and D.
Vitamin A — Vitamin A, also known as retinol, plays an important role in the metabolism of iron, maintaining normal vision, skin, mucous membranes, and supporting your natural defences — so you can take on the day feeling your best.
- Vitamin A contributes to normal iron metabolism
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal skin
- Vitamin A contributes to the maintenance of normal vision
- Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the immune system
Vitamin D — Vitamin D, also known as the sunshine vitamin, is an essential fat-soluble vitamin that’s vital for good health. It helps your body to absorb and use the minerals calcium and phosphorus, contribute to normal blood calcium levels, while helping to maintain normal bones, muscles, and teeth.
- Vitamin D contributes to normal absorption/utilisation of calcium and phosphorus
- Vitamin D contributes to normal blood calcium levels
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal bones
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal muscle function
- Vitamin D contributes to the maintenance of normal teeth
1. EPA and DHA contribute to the normal function of the heart. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 250mg of EPA and DHA.
2. EPA and DHA contribute to the maintenance of normal blood pressure.
3. Vitamin D Contributes to normal function of immune system and the maintenance of normal muscle function.
4. Vitamin A contributes to the normal function of the immune system.
Consume 1 softgel daily. Best taken with food.
Cod Liver Oil (Fish), Softgel (Gelatin, Glycerol), Vitamin A, Vitamin D3.
For allergens, see ingredients in bold. Made in a facility that handles Milk, Soy, Egg, Gluten and products thereof.
Serving Size – 1 Softgel
Servings Per Container – 90 (90 Softgels)
Typical Nutritional Values
|Vitamin A||800 µg RE||100%|
|Vitamin D||5 µg||100%|
|EPA (Eicosapentaenoic Acid)||70 mg|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||80 mg|
* Reference intake of an average adult (8400 kJ/2000 kcal)